Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Kids Corner - Rudolph Sandwiches

My youngest, Colton came home from 1st grade last week really excited about the Rudolph Sandwiches they had made.  I tweaked it just a little bit, and this is what we came up with at home:


Ingredients:

Bread (we used 100% whole wheat white bread)
All natural peanut butter
Cherries
Chocolate chips
Pretzel sticks

The great thing about this sandwich is that you can use whatever you have on hand as a substitution, for example raisins instead of  chocolate chips; Twizzlers instead of pretzel sticks; red M&M's instead of cherries, etc.

Step One - let your little one spread the peanut butter with a butter knife or with the back of a spoon.


Step Two - Have an adult cut the bread  into a triangle.


Step Three - using some peanut butter as "glue," add the cherry for the nose and two chocolate chips for the eyes.


Step Four - Tuck two pretzel sticks on each side of the sandwich for antlers.


Step 5 - Grab a nice cold glass of milk and enjoy your Rudolph Sandwich!

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I will definitely be making those soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! These are the cutest sandwiches ever. I think I need to start a Christmas journal totally dedicated to ideas for next year as this year I've been completely lacking in holiday spirit and mojo. Of course, my boys are 13 and 16 and they think my attempts at cute ideas are lame. Oh well! Happy holidays. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food is most important for every one. You share best style of sandwich. Its very funny for kids. Its easy to make at home. Looks very different.

    ReplyDelete