Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Kids Corner - Valentine's Day Mug

With Valentine's Day just around the corner (26 days to be exact) I wanted to share a fun and easy project that moms, dads, grandmas, grandpas and teachers would love.


These mugs can be used as coffee cups, and would also make a wonderful pencil holder at a computer desk, or even a nice little vase for some pretty handpicked wild flowers. If you do use to drink out of, I would recommend handwashing and gentle dish soap.


What you need:

* Plain white mugs from the Dollar Store - you can also use plates, bowls, platters, etc.

* Oil based sharpie paint markers (You can also use porcelain paint markers - be sure to follow the instructions on the package.)

I did want to mention that I purchased these markers for other projects, but you can find them at Michael's in a pack for around $15 dollars or about $3 each. If you use your weekly 40% off coupon than you can get them much less!

Let your little one draw and write to their hearts content and let them help you wrap it into tissue and package it up and then they are ready to give!!


These are also sweet little gifts that can be given year around and decorated depending on the holiday. I also think it would be a fun end of the year gift to a teacher if you had all the students write their name on the mug or a plate. The possibilities are endless!!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute!! Who could resist a cup like that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any Mom would love to have one of these! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sweet gift~ I have a piece of pottery my 8 year old made in the window by my sink, it makes me smile everyday
    Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow It is very nice and also cute gift for valentine day. I have try to make this types of mug and gift my husband for this valentine.

    ReplyDelete