My daughters and I love making these sparkling, natural beauties.
They make beautiful ornaments, package toppers, or bowl fillers.
Clean, dry pine cones. (There are directions for cleaning pine cones here.)
Spray adhesive, such as Elmer's
Gallon-sized plastic zipper bag
Fine glitter in your choice of color
Clear spray sealant, such as Krylon Acrylic Crystal Clear (optional)
1. This project should be done outdoors, in a well-ventilated area.
Be sure to wear "play clothes" and disposable plastic gloves.
2. Place about 1/2 cup of fine glitter in the zipper bag. Set aside.
3. Hold a pine cone by the end and coat with spray adhesive,
being careful not to miss any spots.
Quickly place cone in bag of glitter, seal the bag, and shake to coat.
4. Remove from bag and let dry on waxed paper.
Repeat for other pine cones, adding more glitter to the bag if needed.
5. If desired, use spray sealant to help the glitter stay in place.