Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wire Bird Nest Charm

As the holidays draw to an end, I find myself thinking new possibilities, paths and adventures for the New Year; each much like little eggs in my nest.  Here is a quick and easy nest charm tutorial that I hope you enjoy.

Supplies Needed:
Wire (I used 20 gauge)
Beads
Round Nose Pliers


Stand 3 beads at the end of wire and turn under the end to keep the beads on.

Start making the nest by wrapping around the "eggs" several times.

Thread end of wire up through nest.

Pull through and then continue wrapping around eggs and threading up through to make nest.

Once the nest is the size that you want pull through the last time to make a hanger.
Bend wire around the round nose pliers.
Then wrap several times around the base of the hanger. Trim off excess wire and crimp end down.
I hope this inspires you to make a few nest charms for your next jewelry project. 

Heather, Sarah and I are excited about offering our January Exclusive Kits that will be shown here in a few days. 
  Wishing you all a wonderful and blessed New Year.



5 comments:

  1. oh this is sweet! so sweet! merci for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I want to make some of these. I love birds and nests! Thank you! I'm a new follower! Be blessed in this New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful! I've shared it here on the Examiner: http://www.examiner.com/arts-crafts-in-national/wire-bird-nest-charm-from-the-creative-patch

    hank you for the inspiring posts!

    ReplyDelete